Story Time is back! Learn about it here!
Come and visit us at 1725 N Swan Rd Every day 10-5 MST!
Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Big News: Grand Opening!
We are now located at our new store at 1725 N. Swan Road! The first day we opened this location to the public was November 22, 2020!
Also, we closed our store at La Encantada permanently at the beginning of January 2021 and moved the whole operation to our shiny new building.
To celebrate, we also made a new coloring sheet here in our free download zone! Just scroll down on this page for the link to the PDF of Lindsey’s cute art!
Super important details:
- Store Hours: 10:00-5:00 for walk-in shopping, no appointment required
- All curbside pickup will be fulfilled at the new store on Swan starting on Sunday, 11/22/20.
- We will be offering private shopping appointments beginning 11/22/20. Click here to schedule an appointment!
- We will keep doing local deliveries just the same as we have been, except with two new zip codes added to the spend $40 for free delivery deal (starting Monday, 11/23): 85715 and 85710. If you live here, lucky you! For kicks, here’s the map of the zip codes eligible for free delivery at $40!
- We will also offer free delivery anywhere within Tucson city limits with a purchase of $200 or more!
- We will continue to offer delivery anywhere in Tucson city limits for $10 if you don’t meet either threshold or if you aren’t in the magic zip codes.
Here’s the story:
At the beginning of the summer of 2019, our pals at Kid’s Center, Jim and Retha Davis, decided to close their doors and retire after being in the toy biz for 30 years! They opened their store on October 6, 1989, raised their kids there and just enjoyed the sweet life they built with their toy store. Last year, they decided it was time to go on a whirlwind tour and enjoy some lazier days. It seemed like an obvious choice to us to buy their building, since people were used to going to that spot for toys for years and years.
By the time Autumn closed on the sale, and we started remodeling the space, it wound up being a little too late to open up for the holiday season, so we decided to wait until 2020. Now, at this point it’s hard to believe that we’ve owned that building for just about a year, since 2020 has been at least 18 months long, and it’s only November.
Because of how much the pandemic has changed our business, we’ve decided it would be best to move from our original location at La Encantada and operate solely out of 1725 N. Swan Rd beginning in January 2021. We feel very fortunate that we have this very cute lily pad to jump to.
It’s sort of in the Mil Dil spirit to open up a store in the midst of some kind of adversity. When Autumn opened Mildred and Dildred on Black Friday of 2007, the 2008 recession started immediately afterwards. Here we are, almost 13 years later, still going strong! This year has a wild ride, to be honest. It makes it hard (impossible?) to plan. We have all been working our hardest to give you and your family some sense that things are going to be okay, that brighter days are ahead, and that all of us doing our best is the best we can do. Nobody knows what the future has in store, but we will persevere!
We have received so much support from our friends in Tucson, and we’ve made some new friends across the country during the puzzle craze! It’s been tough but we’re hanging in there. We hope you’re doing good, too!
♥ Mildred & Dildred